Friday, January 3, 2014

Character Traits and Technology


Happy New Year!! Wow, I can't believe it is 2014! We have been absent from this lovely, little blog! I tell you what, the month of November and December were beyond busy. Marie is busy with her classroom and planning her wedding. I was busy working on two masters classes, training for a marathon, while also trying to juggle my school and personal life. Then, before we knew it, the holidays were here! As I write, I'm definitely up way later than I am normally am on a school night and thinking, "What am I going to do on Monday when I can't be in my PJs all day, take afternoon naps, and stay up watching bowl games?" Anyone else feeling that way? Phew! I know that once I see my kiddos, I'll be happy to be back.

With that being said, before break, we were learning some really great stuff! During reading, we had a large focus on characters and how they develop through a story. The students began this unit by thinking about their own character traits. We made these really cute frames of their faces! (check mine out below!) The anchor chart helped us remember these ideas each day as we continued through the activities.

     
                                                

In addition to this, I am so excited to say that I am not up to 7 iPads in our classroom! Donors Choose has been such a wonderful way to reach out and receive items for the classroom. The first graders love using them for Raz Kids and scanning QR codes. How do you use technology in your classroom?




Well, friends... I am going to finish watching these football games and head to bed! I hope you all are having a wonderful break and wish you a wonderful New Year both personally and professionally! 


1 comment:

  1. Great post. This article is really very interesting and enjoyable. I think its must be helpful and informative for us. Thanks for sharing your nice post about Character Traits and Technology .
    champions league live

    ReplyDelete