Thursday, October 23, 2014

Five for Friday



Hey, everyone! It's been awhile for me (Crystal) on our lovely blog, so I thought I'd make it a special one! I have decided to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday! I have always loved reading everyone's posts, but never linked up! There have been some fun things going on in my 1st grade classroom and life, so I figured this is a great way to share out. I hope you enjoy my first link up!

Blogger meet-ups galore! You guys... blogger meet ups are so wonderful. We all stalk follow each other on here, and then to meet up and actually visit with the people whom we call "friends" is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! This last weekend, I was able to attend the first annual Midwest Blogger Meet Up. It was held in Chicago, which worked out perfectly since I live here! Thanks to Jameson at Lessons with Coffee and Lindsey from Thriving in Third, I was able to meet so many wonderful ladies of the midwest!


This isn't the only meet up I'm attending though... on Friday, Carrie from Table Talk with C & C and I are flying to Dallas for the meet up there!! I am good friends with Ashley and Amanda from For His Glory and so thrilled to be a part of their special meet up. Stay tuned....


Recently, I bought my first Stella & Dot purchase. I'm so in love with my bag and wallet that I decided to host a show! It's an online show and is running now until November 7th. Check it out!



The third thing I want to share is that I'm finally running again. If you read any of my previous posts, I ran my first marathon in May. Well, since then, I had some cartilage damage and IT band issues, so couldn't run. Finally, after a lot of physical therapy and strength training, I'm slowly starting to run again. With that being said, Ryan and I are looking into so many fun trips for races. Right now, we have The Flying Pig Marathon in Ohio, some that we are looking at in Charleston, SC, and then a big one (Germany, California, or Hawaii) over spring break! (It probably won't be Germany, but one can dream!) Now, I won't be ready for the full again quite yet, so I'm just doing the halves. However, I'm so excited to get back out there! This is my motivation: 



I'm LOVING my class this year. They are the cutest little kiddos and really working hard. We also love whole brain learning. As a Responsive Classroom School, I have found that these two ideas fit well together. Check out this video: 



Divider 5

Finally, we have something REALLY big to announce for the month of November. We have teamed up with some of the best of the best to provide you with a great opportunity to give back. Stay tuned... :) 

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm from Michigan. Would love to hear about the next MidWest Blogger meet up! You get such a feel for people through their blogs-- would love to meet the real people! See you around! Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete