Monday, June 15, 2015

One Lovely Blog

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to my dear friend Amy from My Bright Bunch for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! I'm so honored! Amy is wonderful and has an incredible blog. We are both so pumped about our new designs we actually joined together with our friend Nicole from Adventures in the ATC to celebrate our new designs. Don't miss your chance to enter!

I started my own blogging adventure this February! I love learning teaching tips but also getting to know more about each others' lives! I think it's inspiring to learn ideas from others and share ideas that help other teachers. It fuels my passion for our profession and provides self-development that makes me a better teacher (and person) overall! Teaching is the type of job that weaves into every aspect of your life, not just what you do from 8:00-5:00. So it almost only makes sense to blog, right?

Here are a few facts about me:

1. I just completed my fourth year of teaching!
2. I went to Butler University (Indianapolis) and studied elementary ed, special ed, and reading ed. I loved it and got to student teach for a year (fourth and kinder).
3. I taught 3rd grade for two years and now 2nd grade for two years. I loved both!
4. I teach in the District in which I was raised. 
5. I have been married for almost a year, and I LOVE marriage even more that I thought I would!
6. My husband and I dream about having a golden retriever pup and babies someday, but we're waiting for him to be a bit more settled in his career. I'm trying to stay patient, but I was born with baby fever... In a very serious way! 
7. My faith is very important to me as it is the foundation of our marriage and sustains me through all that God brings me to!
8. Have I ever mentioned I'm a huge country music fan? Oh yes...
9. I love looking at homes and HGTV even though we aren't looking to buy one any time soon. I guess can't wait to decorate a house for a family someday! :) Walking through stores like Hobby Lobby or home decorating boutiques and pulling things together relaxes my mind.
10. I'm the "black sheep" of my family and always have been. They all are CPA's - math/finance people. I have always thrived on emotion, relationships, imagination, and of course that contributes to why I love children and teaching!

I nominate the following blogs for the One Lovely Blog Award:

Diana at My Day in K
Jayme at Teach.Talk.Inspire
Kirstin at Hip Hooray in K
Brogan at Brogan's Bits
Jennifer at A Dab of Glue Will Do

If you accept, please comment below so I know you received the nomination! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment