10 Things About Crystal...
1. I am currently working on earning my Masters in Literacy. This past October, I started working on this program and will be done this coming Spring. I'm beyond thrilled to have my degree and become a Reading Specialist one day. Literacy has always been a passion of mine and I'm loving learning more about how to enrich this area of my teaching.
2. My family means the world to me! Unfortunately, we are all spread out across the 50 states. My parents live in Florida, my extended family is in Nebraska, and my brother, sister in law, niece, and nephew are in Colorado! It's so hard being away from everyone, but we have a ton of great places to visit.
3. That good looking man on the far left is my boyfriend, Ryan. I waited a long time to find him, but God knew exactly what He had planned for me. We met on this lovely website called eHarmony. ;) I was always quite skeptical of these sites, but after moving to Chicago, I didn't know how to meet people. A year and a half later, we are still head over heels and so happy living here in Wrigleyville!
4. I love to golf! Although I haven't played that much lately, I do love the sport and miss it!
5. I am a proud Auntie of a niece, Hadley, and nephew, Harrison. They are my world and I miss not seeing them that often.
6. My religion is a huge part of my life. We have found a church in Chicago that we love and hoping to join soon. I love reading devotionals by Joyce Meyer and my favorite author is Karen Kingsbury.
7. I'm obsessed with childrens' books! Anyone else?? I love getting Scholastic book orders and earning tons of bonus points. I am up to over 5,000!!! Can't wait to use them this year. When the holiday editions come out... we're in trouble!!
8. I. Love. To. Shop. (the end)
9. My best friend, Maribeth, has been in my life since 3rd grade! She and I even used to have classrooms right next to one another when I taught in Florida. I sure do miss her!! :)
10. This isn't anything you probably don't know already, but I'm SO excited about this blog and journey we are on. It has been so great thus far. I can't wait to see where it takes us!