Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Monday- Day 1- All about the teacher:

1. My name is Marie, and I am teaching second grade this coming year in Naperville, IL. I graduated from Butler University where I studied elementary, reading, and special education. I taught third grade for the past two years in Winfield.

2. I love country music!!!

3. I have an older sister and younger brother who I adore. My brother is 8 years younger than me, so we have always had a special relationship! My sister and I are only two years apart, so we super close. I am the only teacher in my family... Everyone else is business!



4. I am engaged!!! I just got in engaged 3 weeks ago to an amazing, loving man who loves the Lord. We dated all through college and two years after. Our wedding date is June 21, 2014.

5. My finace and are going to Bora Bora for our honeymoon... This is a huge deal for us, and we are super excited for this adventure.



6. I love dogs but have never had one. I would like to have a half golden retriever, half yellow lab someday.

7. I like to bike ride, roller blade, and have campfires on a nice day.

8. I go to Harvest Bible Chapel where I enjoy passionate worship and growing in my faith. I enjoy the fellowship of the young adult group. My personal relationship with Jesus is number one for me. He has transformed me and blessed me immensely. I pursue Him and try to live a life that brings Him glory. Jesus Calling, a devotional written by Sara Young, is one of my favorite go to books to have on hand. I also am just beginning the version of Bible written as a story. It's a little easier to understand the progression. If anyone ever wants someone to talk to about what God is doing in your life, has questions about Christianity, or needs prayer- I am always up for that. Don't hesitate to reach out to me.

9. I really wish I knew how to sing beautifully! I don't know if I am capable or not. It's something I always wish I would have learned growing up.

10. This year of teaching at new school, new grade, wedding planning, and beginning this blog is a very big one. I think it will be a huge year of growth in my teaching. Thank you for reading to the end of my post... I hope that my learning this year and the ideas from my classroom and Crystal's classroom will be helpful to you. (Crystal is amazing, by  the way- I am sure you can already tell!)

No comments:

Post a Comment