Saturday, August 30, 2014

Classroom Reveal Link Up

Hey, everyone! So the summer is over and we are all getting back into the swing of things. As much as I love summer, it was fun setting up the classroom and seeing my colleagues this past week. However, I. Was. Whipped. by Thursday. When I say whipped I mean, felt like I got hit by a mack truck WHIPPED!! In fact, last night (Friday) I fell asleep on the couch before 8, woke up around 8:30 and was in bed by 9:30. I slept till 8:30!!!! GEESH!! Anyone else feel like this?!?!

My lovely first graders will arrive on Tuesday, and I'm sure I will have the first day jitters like I always do. As I enter year 10 of teaching, it's amazing how nervous I still get! I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. However, knowing that I have the first 2 weeks planned and materials prepared, I'm hoping for a smooth transition.

Before I get to my classroom reveal, I want to remind everyone how important it is to find BALANCE. Remember to take care of YOU as we start this busy season. I am making sure I get my workouts in after school and drinking my Shakeology every morning to get the nutrients I need. Take time to relax and breath. It's so, so important!

Now, the moment you've all been waiting for. (or at least I hope so!) ;) I don't know about you, but I LOVE seeing all the classroom pictures on Instagram and Facebook. I have learned so much from each of you and only hope that you can find something here that you can take to your own classroom. Drum roll please, and I now introduce you to my first grade classroom!!

** Some captions have links to products! :)

This is how I organize my weekly supplies. First, I plan, then I place the copies and materials needed in these bins. It's a great way to quickly grab what I need throughout the day! 

This is a view from my door. Where the rocker and easel are is where my desk USED to be! Best. Decision. Ever! I have so much more room! 

Front of the room! 7 Habits of Happy Kids, Calendar, Lunch Count

Teacher resources and organization!

Better view of this! 

Transportation chart! I need to add the magnets with their numbers too! 

Last year, I tried the whole caddie on the table thing. It didn't work for my OCD brain! I felt like pencils, crayons, etc. were everywhere. This year, each child will have a tub in their desk that they will use for their math toolkit and materials. They fit perfectly and still provide enough space for folders. Closer look below! If you'd be interested in these labels, let me know and I can post them to my store!
 

This is our Student of the Week board! the students will place index cards in the correct spot, bring in their favorite book, and a framed picture of their family. The Student of the Week can be found in my decor pack HERE

Reading area! 

View from the back of the room. 

As I mentioned, I got rid of my desk. I was able to get everything that was in or on my old desk here. In addition, I still have room for my guided reading and math group materials! 

My new "desk" and small group area. 

Writing area! 

Mailbox area! 

Word Work centers go in here. I have placed the labels on with Velcro so I can easily change them. 

Backpack area, leveled readers, and birthday board! (These circles are free in my store, and I also have other sets and numbers!)  I will add their pictures to this! 

Focus board waiting to be filled!


I hope you all enjoyed seeing my room! Stay tuned to see a post of other classrooms that are featuring my decor packs!! Have a great year everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment