Friday, May 29, 2015

Five for Friday 5-29

Linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a Five For Friday


1-      Make sure you come to the blog on Tuesday! I will be announcing details about a summer linky and will have a fresh blog design (if it's ready)!!!I would love to have you be a part of the summer linky party! 

2-      I love surprising my students with awesome learning experiences. Earlier this week I surprised them with a virtual field trip with our local Aquarium (Shedd Aquarium). In this experience, they were guided by an Aquarium Educator as they saw a health exam of a turtle, toured the health clinic, examined X-rays, and saw footage of other animals including a baby belgua being born! I love that technology enables this to happen all within the 4 walls of our classroom and 45 minutes of time.




3- My students were so excited to share their passion projects. They picked passion projects over a movie and would love more work time if I was able to keep our iPads. I definitely think some students reach much higher levels when given freedom to create what they want to create to teach their research to the class. There are other students I wish I would have given more note-taking structure and planning structure.



4-  We had Field Day at our school this week. Students rotate between different outdoor centers - Water relays, Popsicles, Twister, Parachute, and more! It's so sweet to watch them have all this fun together! (Though it makes for a crazy day)



5- Reflecting on my week, is a great chance to reflect on my time with the Lord. I'm trying to approach each day with a new desire to find God. God plans a path to get us through the day before we even get started! He places little treasures throughout our day that free us and reveal his presence in this sin-wrecked world. Today God gave me moments to enjoy my friendships with staff and a teeny bit of quiet time on my own at home.

Colossians 2:2-3
My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

How many more days left for you? We go through Tuesday! 


2 comments:

  1. Cool virtual field trip! I've been to Shedd so that would be super fun! Looking forward to your summer linky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your new design! :) Great idea of the virtual field trip to the Shedd. We have field day next week! I can't believe how fast this year is going. We should definitely plan a meet up with some of the bloggers in the area this summer! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete